Monday, March 23, 2009

Five Minute Math

We've got a whiteboard in our dining room, and I've found that the kids can handle about five minutes of math after dinner. This blog is the list of topics that I've covered. I started the 5-minute math a few years ago, and today's topics assume some background. The key is to limit the discussion to 5 minutes (unless the kids really want to go longer). This blog's ground rules. I'm assuming that you, the reader, already know the math. So I'm going to write down what I tell my kids, and you can connect the dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I work in the Google cloud now. Previously I worked in the Oracle cloud and before that I was research faculty at MIT, and Chief Architect at Tokutek. Before that I worked at Akamai, was a Yale CS professor, and worked at Thinking Machines.